C4L’s private workshops cover the most significant situations you and your child will experience as you both pass from one milestone to the next. These workshops address appropriate expectations and skill building for successful negotiation and team building.
Individual and Group Parent Training Workshops
Guest Speaking Sessions
The Center for Learning is committed to ongoing education and outreach for parents and professionals in our community.
You may choose any one of the topics below, or may request a special topic of concern.
We provide one-hour presentations free of charge for:
- Parents – through various community organizations (PTA meetings, CHADD, MOPS etc.). These presentations are offered in English and Spanish and provide relevant information to families who have children who struggle academically and/or social-emotionally.
- Pediatricians and health care providers – we will provide the latest information on child and adolescent mental health interventions as well as information on any of the topics below. We know you’re busy, so we schedule our presentations during lunch time, at your office, and at no cost. (Lunch will be provided).
- Teachers and administrators – focusing on issues of students with learning disabilities. Our workshops include topics that can be applied to academics as well as to other life experiences. We address detecting red flags, teaching learning strategies, and nurturing social-emotional development in children with learning disabilities.
To schedule a seminar date, please complete the Speaker Request Form:
- “Raising Responsible Children in the Western World” – Center for Learning
- “What’s Going on Inside Your Child’s Head?” – Heritage Room, Laguna Hills Community Center
- “The Vision of Our Center”
- “Supporting Preschoolers”
- “Readiness for Reading”
- “Linking Brain Development to Academic Performance” – Center for Learning
- “Adolescent Self Harm: Attention Seekers or Potential Future Suicide Victims?” – Mission Viejo Hospital Physicians
- “The Learning Center at St. Margaret’s” – St. Margaret’s Episcopal School
- “Nurturing Social-Emotional Development in Children”
- “How Your Child Learns: His Intellectual and Educational Development” – Families Together of Orange County and Center for Learning
- “Finding the Missing Link: Diagnosis and Treatment of Learning Difficulties” – Center for Learning
- “Many Kinds of Minds: Nurturing Your Child’s Learning Potential” – Laguna Beach PTA
- “Red Flags in the Preschooler: A Broad Overview With an Emphasis on Language” St. Margaret’s Episcopal School and Center for Learning
- “The Gifted Underachiever” – Center for Learning
- “Screening for Alcohol and Drug Abuse in Adolescents” – Center for Learning
- “A Proactive and Developmentally Appropriate Approach to Educating the Independent School Student” – Center for Learning
- “The Learning Center at St. Mary’s”
- “ADD & Learning Disabilities: Facts and Myths”